Guess what? I have a new toy! A ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner. This time round I was coding away at a ZKTeco PHP Web Biometric Fingerprint Authentication solution.
ZKTeco PHP Web Biometric PACK is a PHP Web Biometric Integration solution PACK that I Developed to Help People, Companies and Organisations to add Biometric Fingerprint Enrollment and Biometric Fingerprint Authentication to their PHP and Laravel Web Browser based Applications using the ZKTeco series of Fingerprint Scanners.
Watch ZKTeco PHP Biometric PACK video demo here below and see How it works. The video demonstrates How to Enroll and Authenticate Users in a PHP Web Browser based Application using ZKTeco type 4500 Fingerprint Scanner.
Your toys are Fingerprint Scanners?
Let’s say that they form part of the gadgets that I would be comfortable working with on any given day.
Why Fingerprint Scanners?
Fingerprint Scanners do not stain your Fingers or make you tired after playing with them.
Key Features of ZKTeco PHP Web Biometric Fingerprint Authentication solution PACK
- It works seamlessly on a variety of Web Browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, UC Web Browser, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- It currently work on Windows Computers for Server Side and Client Side
- Fast speeds for Biometric Fingerprint Authentication
- Enrolls over 1,000,000 Fingerprints in MySQL 8.x and above Relational Database
- Light weight on Client Web Browsers
- Green colored, Sleek and Simple Web GUI for Fingerprint Enrollment
- Green colored, Sleek and Simple Web GUI for Fingerprint Authentication
- Very Easy and Simple to Integrate with for both New and Existing PHP Web Browser based Applications
- Very Easy and Simple to Setup, Install and Configure on a WAMPP stack
- Supports the latest stable version of PHP 7.x and above
- Supports the latest and recent series of MySQL 8.x Databases and above
- Supports the Latest Open Source Maria DB 10.3.9 Database and above
- It works on Modern Web Servers like Apache 2, Nginx and IIS
- Simple Documented PHP Code for ease of Integrating ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner with your PHP Web Applications.
- Unbelievable shortest integration time of 15-30 minutes to integrate a ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner with your PHP Web Browser based Application
- Bonus! Get FREE 1 Month(s) of PHP Web Biometric Developer and Integration Support.
ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner
The first time I got to know about ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner was back in year 2016.
A client hopeful in Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe is a country in the Southern region of Africa ) reached out to me to help them with integrating a ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner in their PHP Web Browser based Application.
I had never even heard about it, leave alone seeing it.
At first I thought my client hopeful was referring to a DigitalPersona 4500 Fingerprint Scanner.
But unknown to me, they were indeed referring to a ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner.
By the way, if you want to check out some of the Biometrics PACKs that I have developed and continue to Help People, Companies and SMEs to integrate with, check them out here at Biometric Integration PACKs.
Here are some of these Biometric Integration PACKs;
Would you be interested in implementing and integrating your PHP Web Application with Smart Cards for Biometric Authentication? Check out this PHP Web Biometric Smart Card Integration that I Developed and Integrated using a Secugen Hamster Pro Duo PIV SC Scanner. See below for Video DEMO.
I knew about the ZKTeco Company but I had never paid much attention to their other products apart from the security cameras that you will almost come across in every other building, street corners and perimeter walled properties secured with CCTV cameras.
Ever seen those ZKvision Cameras?
Trust me, after reading this, you will be walking into a tall building in your city and when you look around, chances are that you will see a ZK CCTV camera tucked somewhere watching you as you go past the entrance of the building.
At this first encounter with a client hopeful from Zimbabwe who needed help with integrating a ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner in their PHP Web Application, I thought that the ZKTeco 4500 was maybe a knockoff of a DigitalPersona 4500 Fingerprint Scanner.
You know these days, you will almost find a product that bears resemblance to another product that you know and if you are not keen, you will end up buying that contraption thinking that it is the legit stuff you have been looking for.
Later on, I observed that the ZK4500 Fingerprint Scanner and ZKTime Attendance devices are more commonly available in the developing countries’ markets in Africa, Asia and India than in any other countries in the West. This is just my observation. It is not researched or informed by any scientific research. I think the ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner’s fair prices have made them permeate the markets in these countries faster than any other Fingerprint Scanners from other companies they compete with.
Having been integrating Software Applications with Biometrics for quite some time now, I have come across multiple Software Applications that have integrated ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanners for their Access Control than with any other Fingerprint Scanners from Developing Countries in Africa, Asia and India.
These Fingerprint Scanners are very cheap and affordable. You can grab a new unit from your electronic shop for a paltry USD $ 40 – 65 circa 2019.
Having grabbed a ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner from the market and tinkered with it for some time now, I can confidently tell you that this is a device that is spectacular in its own unique way.
I enjoyed developing my first ZKTeco PHP Web Biometric Fingerprint Authentication solution with ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner.
Apart from the green light that is prevalent with almost every other ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner you come across, the ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner has LED lights and emits a Beep.
It is also a light weight Fingerprint Scanner that is very portable. You can throw it in your laptop bag and go for a client demo while carrying it in your Laptop’s back pack.
It has a USB end making it easy to terminate it into the USB ports of your Computer / Laptop. You will not need a power battery or any other external accessories to set it up to work with your Laptop, Computer or Server. To start using it, you just pair the USB end with your Computer workstation’s USB port and you are set to go.
Observable Key Properties of a ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner
- Finger scan area lights up in green color when device is powered on
- Long USB cable for connecting to computer
- Flat base so that it sits without shaking on your desk / working area.
- Green and Red LED Lights (Programmable)
- Beep sound (Programmable)
- Outside casing is black in color
So much to do with ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner.
There are also other Fingerprint Scanners from ZKTeco apart from the ZKTeco 4500. They are ZKTeco 7500, 8500 and 9500.
ZKTeco 7500, 8500 and 9500 Fingerprint Scanners also work with the ZKTeco PHP Web Biometric Authentication solution that I developed.
Where can you Buy ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanners?
There are lots of dealers and suppliers of this Fingerprint Scanner online and chances are that your local electronics shop or computer shops will also have it in stock.
So much about ZKTeco Fingerprint scanners. Let’s now dive into how to integrate ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner on Web and for this particular case, in PHP.
Integrating ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner with ZKTeco PHP Web Biometric PACK
Software Pre-requisites for integrating ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner in PHP
Operating System Software supported for User Client-end
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 10
Operating System Software supported for Server Back-end
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 10
Supported Web Browsers
Friend, all these below modern web Browsers support the ZKTeco PHP Web Biometric Fingerprint Enrollment and Authentication solution I developed. Choose whichever you like for your Project and roll with it.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- UC Web Browser
- Torch Web Browser
- Vivaldi Web Browser
- Brave Web Browser
- Maxthon Cloud Browser
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer
- Opera Web Browser
- Yandex Web Browser
Database for saving your Biometric Data
Hardware Pre-requisites for integrating ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner in PHP
Client Computer Specifications
- Computer or Laptop with working USB ports
- Windows 7 Operating System and above
Server Computer Specifications
- Windows 7 Operating System and above
Supported ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner(s)
You can use any of the following genuine (authentic) Fingerprint Scanners. They are all supported.
- ZKTeco 4500
- ZKTeco 7500
- ZKTeco 8500
- ZKTeco 9500
Fake impersonations and counterfeits of ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner devices will fail miserably and they will not work.
Just make sure that their low prices do not get you scammed by endearing you to buy dirt cheap contraptions that are pure imitations of the real ZKTeco devices because if you fall for some of those fake devices, ( … man ) your goose is cooked. Otherwise, you will pull out your hair days on end and blame the ZKTeco software for failing to work with your device, you will think your computer malfunctioned and even doubt your programming skill set before you later on discover that the device you pulled from the scammer online store is a contraband product that is not programmable with ZKTeco APIs and ZKTeco Fingerprint Software.
Validate whether your ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner is genuine from ZKTeco Website.
If your computer setup meets all of the above requirements for both Software and Hardware, you are all set to integrate ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner with PHP.
How I Integrated ZKTeco 4500 with PHP
I developed ZKTeco PHP Web Biometric Fingerprint Authentication and added support for multiple web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, UC Web Browser, Brave Web Browser, Internet Explorer and Opera Web Browser
I made it such that the User Client has a variety of Web Browsers to choose from for using ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner for Biometric Fingerprint Enrollment and Authentication on Microsoft Windows Computers.
To Enroll Fingerprint on a PHP Web Browsers based application, the User will need to capture their Fingerprints 3 – 5 times for their Fingerprint to be enrolled.
A Finger whose Fingerprint traits are clear and visible will not need to be captured several times in quick successions for it to be enrolled but for those which are not clearly visible, 1, 2 more captures will be required for a Fingerprint Template to be Enrolled for archiving to Backend for future Fingerprint Authentication.
To Authenticate a Person’s Fingerprint, the Subject will present and place their Finger on a ZKTeco Fingerprint scanner and their Fingerprint will be authentication and based on the match result, the Person’s particulars on the Fingerprint Authentication page will be populated with their Particulars e.g First Name, Surname, Employee Number depending on how you did your integration. This will be preced by a pop up message with the matched Person’s particulars which have been retrieved from the MySQL Database Back-end after the Fingerprint Match.
For a Fingerprint Authentication where there was NO Fingerprint Match, there will be a pop up message notifying the User that there was no fingerprint match.
Steps Required to Setup and Install a Developer Environment for Integrating ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner with PHP
- Install latest XAMPP. During XAMPP installation, at the options where you select what will be installed, do not check MariaDB. Leave that option unchecked because you will use MySQL 8.x instead. Installing XAMPP will also install Apache and PHP in your Computer.
- Test your XAMPP installation by testing that you can serve a PHP script from it
- Secondly, install MySQL 8.x Server from MySQL Download website.
- Configure your MySQL 8.x database with User and Password you want to use and test that you can connect to the database
- Connect ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner or any of the supported ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanners to your Developer Computer’s USB ports.
- Download and install ZKFinger SDK 5.3 in your computer from ZKTeco Finger SDK Downloads website. There are many ZKTeco affiliated websites you get this ZKTeco SDK from but getting it from their main website is a sure guarantee that you will not be dragging a random Trojan horse you found on the internet into your Computer.
- Plug in your ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner to your Developer Computer / Laptop/
- Test your ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner with the working examples in the SDK folders to confirm that indeed your device works or that you were not dealt a bad deal in the market and ended up with a counterfeit.
- Download your favorite IDE, editor for Developing PHP Web Applications if you do not have one already installed.
- Using Jomutech System’s ZKTeco PHP Web Biometric PACK, integrate ZKTeco Fingerprint Enrollment and Fingerprint Authentication features into your PHP Web Browser based Application.
It is that Simple and Easy to integrate your ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner with your PHP and Laravel Web Browser based Application. This is going to be only a less than 15 minutes activity.
Ready to integrate with ZKTeco Fingerprint Scanner into your PHP Web Application today?
First, check out snapshots from my ZKTeco Fingerprint Integration here below.
But before we start, here is how I setup the Biometrics Database and MySQL Table for archiving registered User Particulars and their enrolled Biometric Data.
I named my Biometric Database zkteco_jomutech_php_web_biometrics and named MySQL table as employees. You can name yours any names that you want.
Here is the structure of employees MySQL table.
Modeling SQL Relation Back-end for Biometric Data Storage
|reg_id||INT||45||Unique incremental Key field|
|empfname||VARCHAR||45||First name field|
|empno||VARCHAR||45||Unique primary key key field like employee number|
|f_no1||INT||4||Field for archiving fingerprint one index value|
|zkteco_fptemplate1||VARCHAR||4500||Field for archiving fingerprint one data|
|f_no2||INT||4||Field for archiving fingerprint two index value|
|zkteco_fptemplate2||VARCHAR||4500||Field for archiving fingerprint two data|
Take note that you can model your MySQL table(s) as per your Company / Organization’s needs. This simple employees table here is just for proof of concept. You should come up with your own. You are also at liberty to build upon this one to get you started.
Should you need help modeling your Biometric back-end relations (relational sql tables) , reach out to me I guide you on how to do it.
Hey, that’s it!
Below is a screenshot of the MySQL table from my developer computer.
Screenshots and Pictures of ZKTeco PHP Web Biometric Fingerprint Enrollment
Screenshots and Pictures of ZKTeco PHP Web Biometric Fingerprint Authentication
That’s all friend! If you would like to integrate with this solution, link up with me on Contact Joseph page and mention on the subject that it is about ZKTeco PHP Web Biometric Fingerprint Authentication. I am open for contractual developer and integration projects with ZKTeco lot of Fingerprint Scanners. Ping me for any gigs we talk business on Contact Joseph page.
Some of the Clients who have Ordered and Integrated with Jomutech Systems’ Biometric PACKs