Guess what other Biometric Fingerprint Scanner did I use for PHP Web Biometric Integration? This time round I did a PHP Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner. Unlike all the other Optical Biometric Fingerprint Scanners that I have used previously, the Columbo Fingerprint Scanner uses a Light Emitting Sensor (LES). So this was my first PHP Web Biometric Integration using an LES Fingerprint Scanner.
Columbo Fingerprint Scanners are products of the company, Integrated Biometrics.
Just before you embark on reading this article, let me inform you before hand about the following so that you do not waste your time here just in case you are looking for a tutorial or educational material or software drivers to download;
- This article post is NOT A TUTORIAL, I AM NOT A TEACHER
- This article post is NOT AN EDUCATIONAL OR STUDY MATERIAL
- This article post is NOT GOING TO OFFER YOU SOFTWARE DRIVERS TO DOWNLOAD, I DO NOT DO THAT HERE
- This article post is NOT GOING TO OFFER YOU A DOWNLOAD LINK FOR SOFTWARE CODE, I ONLY SHARE MY CODE WITH CLIENTS WHO ENLIST ME TO OFFER THEM BIOMETRICS DEVELOPER & INTEGRATION SUPPORT
- This article post is NOT A PROMOTIONAL CONTENT FOR A FINGER SCANNER PRODUCT
- This article post is NOT GOING TO COMPARE AND CONTRAST MERITS OF ONE FINGER SCANNER TO ANOTHER
Now that I have provided some direction in regards to who this article post is not beneficial to let me briefly describe and discuss who would find more value in reading this article post so that they stay motivated to read thru all the way to the end.
Who is this PHP Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner article post intended for?
The following persons and folks in the following scenarios will find this post resourceful. I provide premium based consulting for my services for any of the following or similar scenarios.
- Companies, Institutions, Organizations and SMEs looking for a Contractor / Consultant to Help them Develop and Integrate Biometrics Software in PHP Web using a Columbo Finger Scanner
- Chief Technology Officers and Software Project Managers overseeing and managing a deliverable PHP Software Application that needs to integrate Biometrics Registration and Biometrics Authentication components in their PHP Software Application
- Software Project Managers with Time Bound Timelines that want to plug in a skill gap for Biometric Registration and Biometric Authentication expertise, I can Help you clear this milestone.
- A Company, Institution, Organization or SME that already implemented and uses Columbo Finger Scanners for their Software Applications but now wants to reuse the same Fingerprint Scanners for a new PHP Web Application, I can Help you with this integration
- A Company, Institution, Organization or SME that is moving away from other series and types of Biometric Scanners in preference for the Columbo Finger Scanner, I can Help you with this migration and make the transition seamless for you.
- A Company, Institution, Organization or SME that is moving away from the Columbo Finger Scanners in preference for other series and types of Biometric Scanners, I can Help you make a seamless transition in regards to the integration you need for the new set and types of Fingerprint Scanners you are introducing to your PHP Web Software Application
- Your Company, Institution, Organization or SME is migrating your PHP Web Application from using Passwords for Identity Management and are now considering use of Biometric Authentication for Access Control. I can Help you with PHP Web Biometric Integration using Columbo Finger Scanners
- You checked into the office on one Monday morning after a leave day off on Friday and found a consignment of Columbo Fingerprint Scanners that shipped over the weekend in packed big boxes at your workstation and an e-mail in your inbox from the higher ups asking you to expedite the integration of Biometrics to all your Organization’s internal and external Software Appications to mitigate against fraudulent logins and misrepresentations using other staff login credentials and here you are and you do not know how or where to start, do not fret, I can Help you with this type of an integration and Help you meet your bosses timelines
- You have been assigned to oversee a problematic ongoing Project after the previous Software Project Manager went on maternity leave / resigned from their position / was relieved off their duties and the next Project milestone that is holding everything else from moving forward is about implementing Biometrics Capture, Biometrics Enrollment, Biometrics Registration and Biometrics Authentication and then you realize that this skill set was not even available in the team that you are taking over and now you need an extra pair of hands to Help you with this Project Milestone. My friend, I got your back! I am all here for you. I will Help you guys.
- As a Team Lead, you realize that you have so much on your hands with the limited human resource at your disposal stretched to the limit and you have no one to redeploy to the oncoming and significant projects that greatly matter to the organization. Now, out of your backlog and pending tasks, if you have a project milestone that needs the expertise of a Biometrics Engineer, I can offer you a Helping hand just reach out to me now.
This is not an exhaustive list. If you feel you have a related or similar obstacle that is getting in your way and you need specialized Help with your PHP Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner, reach out to me we discuss it further in detail so that if we agree on the way forward, I Help you develop a Biometric solution for it.
So much to do with who would find this article post resourceful and who it would not be beneficial to now let us continue.
Why a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner and not any other type of Fingerprint Scanner for this PHP Web Biometric Integration?
Why I chose to do a PHP Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner?
I usually try to anticipate what types of Biometric Scanners that Companies, Organizations, Institutions and SMEs are likely to procure for implementing their Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions with.
Deciding to grab a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner from the market for me was out of pure speculation and trying to discern the market trends and thoughts of IAM decision makers working in Companies, Organizations, Institutions and SMEs.
If I see a relentless and sustained promotion of a product in the market, I can guess with certainty that a couple of entities are going to get netted and coerced to buy that particular Biometric product / Biometric solutioin and attempt to integrate with it. Just a normal day at the market popularizing and advertising a product and creating a demand for it and then selling it to those who convinced themselves they saw value in what was being sold.
As I had previously mentioned earlier, most Fingerprint Scanners are Optical Scanners. When the market offers another series and type of Fingerprint Scanners that are based on another technology like the Fingerprint Scanners based on LES technology e.g. Columbo Finger Scanners, Consumers and Implementer of IAM solutions are likely to ask themselves what else do they stand to gain / benefit from using Fingerprint Scanners based on LES technology and if the benefits outweigh what they are currently getting from other Fingerprint Scanners, they are going to make transition to add more Secure Authentication value to their Companies, Institutions, Organizations and SMEs.
For example, Integrated Biometrics recently added a feature to their Software API for Presentation Attack Detection to add more Security in use of their Columbo Fingerprint Scanners. So, companies who see this as a value add that they would like to incorporate in their infrastructure, they will prefer go for Columbo Fingerprint Scanners than any other Fingerprint Scanners which do not have such a feature in place for their series of Fingerprint Scanners.
So with such like trends, I can be able to decipher a thing or two about the direction in which the Biometric needs of Companies, Institutions, Organizations and SMEs are likely to take when making decisions about the type of infrastructure they are going to be interested in and buy for implementing their Biometrics based Identity and Access Management solutions.
Acquiring the Biometrics Hardware and Devices is just part of the process. Integrating the Biometrics Scanners and their Software into your existing Information Systems is another thing and this is where I come in if you need a Helping hand.
Also, it is good and Helps prospective clients in building confidence to work with me when they find that I have the experience in working with the same type of Biometric Scanner and Programming / Scripting Language they are using to implement their Software Solution.
Basically, that is the reason behind me choosing to do PHP Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner this time round.
Which Web Browsers will Support PHP Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner?
How Easy was it to do a PHP Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner?
Let me first start by saying that I have done other Biometric integrations with the Columbo Fingerprint Scanner. Some of the Biometric integrations that I have done with the Columbo Fingerprint Scanner as of this time of writing include the following;
- React Web Biometric Integration
- Angular Web Biometric Integration
- Oracle APEX Web Biometric Integration
- ASP.NET Web Biometric Integration
- PHP Web Biometric Integration
Besides the DigitalPersona 4500 Fingerprint Scanner, the other Fingerprint Scanner that I have had significant experience working with and integrating with on various other Programming and Scripting Languages and Frameworks is the Columbo Fingerprint Scanner.
Based on the experience that I have had using the Columbo Fingerprint Scanner, I can say that it is plain simple and easy to use and integrate with this device in any of your Software Application.
Did you have any BAD Experience when doing PHP Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner?
I think as a Programmer who has had significant years of experience working on various diverse Software Projects and with a variety of Biometric Scanners from different Companies, I have amassed quite some good significant experience to navigate my way around many of the obstacles that before would have been difficult to tackle. It was just the usual stuff of debugging my code until it worked the way I wanted it to. That is the best way I would put it.
Did you encounter something extremely out of the ordinary when doing PHP Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner?
Not really but if you are coming from a past of frequently using Optical Fingerprint Scanners, you would most likely be expecting to see a light flicker from the Columbo Fingerprint Scanner’s platen when you place your Finger on the Finger Scanner but there’s no light that comes on the Columbo Fingerprint Scanner’s LES platen when a Finger is detected on the Finger Scanner.
Instead of a seeing a light, you get a ticklish harmless feeling as the Columbo Finger Scanner runs some electric current on the Platen to capture your Finger Image.
That lack of light on the Columbo Fingerprint Scanner’s platen during Finger Scan got me by surprise the same way it did for me when using the KOJAK PL Fingerprint Scanner for the first time.
Is there any particular value add from using the Columbo Fingerprint Scanner?
Yes! The Columbo Fingerprint Scanner’s software drivers are now equipped with a safety feature for Presentation Attack Detection (PAD).
This is a feature that was recently added to provide more added Safety and Security in use of these series of Fingerprint Scanners.
Read more about Presentation Attack Detection (PAD) on this post here Integrated Biometrics Brings Anti-spoofing Tech to Fingerprint Reader Line
What is the one thing you DO NOT LIKE about the Columbo Finger Scanner?
Would you Recommend your Client to do PHP Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner?
What other Web based Biometric Integrations have you done with other types of Biometric Scanners from other Companies?
- PHP Web Biometric Integration using a KOJAK Fingerprint Scanner
- Angular Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner
- React Biometric Fingerprint Integration
- PHP Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner
- PHP Web Biometric Lite Integration using DigitalPersona 4500
- Biometric Finger Scanner in Internet Explorer
- PHP Web Biometric Smart Card Integration using Secugen Hamster Pro Duo PIV SC Scaner
- PHP Web Biometric Time and Attendance using DigitalPersona 4500 Biometric Finger Scanner
- ZKTeco 4500 Fingerprint Scanner PHP Web Biometric Integration
I am running out of content to write this article post and I do not want to look as though I am pitching for this Fingerprint Scanner only over any other varieties of Good Fingerprint Scanners out there.
If you have any Questions about the Columbo Fingerprint Scanner in regards to PHP Web Biometric Integration that you would like me to answer in this article, please send them to me.
Requisite Requirements for implementing PHP Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner
- Windows 10 or Windows 11 Operating System
- PHP 7.4 and above
- Web Servers like e.g. Apache 2, Nginx, IIS
- Windows Drivers for Columbo Fingerprint Scanner
- Modern Web Browsers like e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera for Client Computer
Server Computer Hardware Requirements
- RAM 8GB and above
- Processor Core i5 and above
- Storage Space 500GB of Free Space and above though it should be what you consider to be enough to accommodate the large number of Biometric Finger images that you are going to Capture and Enroll.
Client Computer Hardware Requirements
- RAM 8GB and above
- Processor Core i5 and above
- Computer Screen Resolution could be e.g. a 1920px by 1024px Screen Monitor dimensions and above
- Free and functional USB ports that you can use to connect and power your Columbo Fingerprint Scanner
Biometric Finger Scanner Requirements
- Columbo Fingerprint Scanner
Screenshots and YouTube DEMO Videos
PHP Web Biometric Registration using Columbo Fingerprint Scanner DEMO – This is NOT A TUTORIAL NOR IS IT AN EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL RESOURCE
PHP Web Biometric Authentication using Columbo Fingerprint Scanner DEMO – This is NOT A TUTORIAL NOR IS IT AN EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL RESOURCE
PHP Web Biometric Registration and Authentication using Columbo Fingerprint Scanner DEMO – This is NOT A TUTORIAL NOR IS IT AN EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL RESOURCE
Need Help with Software Development and PHP Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner?
If you are seeking to enlist the expertise of seasoned hands to Help you with Software Development in regards to Biometrics integration in your PHP Software project, there is an extra pair of hands here that you could make do with. I offer Professional Consulting to People like You.
I am a Software Engineer who Helps Organizations, Companies, Institutions and SMEs to Develop, Integrate, Support and Maintain Identity Management (IAM) Software Solutions that run on Linux, Android, Windows, Web, Cloud and on RaspberryPi.
My Technical Consulting is Premium based! Find more Details on How to contact me for Professional Consulting to Help you with your Biometrics Software Project integration at Joseph Mwema’s YouTube channel’s About section.
I appreciate you reading this article all the way to the end. Let me know How I can best Help you with your PHP Biometrics Software Project.