In the mid year 2021, after Successfully doing a React Biometric Integration, I asked myself why not do an Angular Biometric Integration using the same Columbo Fingerprint Scanner.
Having done other Web Biometric integrations using various Frameworks, I thought to myself that I could also do an Angular Biometric Integration and assess how difficult or easy it would be to work on an Angular based Web Biometric Identity Management solution.
In recent times, Software Developers are more inclined to choose to implement their solutions with React Native than with Angular.
That’s my unscientific observation. I have no data to back it up with.
However, if you take a keen observation on what Software Developers are saying on the internet, you may notice that there is more buzz about React on Developer Platforms.
With this observation in mind, I could have as well bothered less about Angular and went with the majority’s flow but then I wanted to do what I do best about Biometrics on Angular too just like I had done so with React Native.
That is my take as of this time of writing circa 2022, I know I have not had significant exposure working on very many other web frameworks based on other programming languages to even begin comparing them with Angular but that’s just what I feel.
The first time someone ever recommended that I try out Angular was I guess around year 2016. The friend was a Delphi developer. I rarely come across Delphi developers but this was one guy who had been developing and supporting a Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) that is widely deployed and in use by many Healthcare Service Providers in my country.
For a long time I really wondered what my Delphi Software Developer friend saw in Angular that he decided to develop applications using it and get to recommend it to his friends.
Getting to do anything on Angular was not a priority in the many Software Applications that I have developed over the years but this time round I decided to get started with Angular by developing and doing an Angular Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner.
Here is a photo of a Columbo Biometric Scanner. See below.
The Angular Biometric Integration that I did works on Windows only!
This is a screenshot of my Windows based Angular Biometric Integration App. See below picture.
Just before you embark on reading this article post, please take note of the following and decide whether it is worth spending your time reading it;
- This article post is NOT A TUTORIAL
- This article post is NOT AN EDUCATIONAL OR STUDY MATERIAL
- This article post is NOT GOING TO OFFER YOU SOFTWARE DRIVERS TO DOWNLOAD, I DO NOT DO THAT HERE
- This article post is NOT GOING TO OFFER YOU A DOWNLOAD LINK FOR SOFTWARE CODE, I SHARE MY CODE ONLY WITH COMPANIES, ORGANIZATIONS, INSTITUTIONS OR SMEs THAT I AM ACTIVELY DOING CONSULTING WORK FOR. LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS HERE BIOMETRICS DEVELOPER & INTEGRATION SUPPORT
- This article post is NOT A PROMOTIONAL CONTENT FOR A BIOMETRIC SCANNER PRODUCT
- This article post is NOT GOING TO COMPARE AND CONTRAST MERITS OF ONE BIOMETRIC SCANNER TO ANOTHER
I hope this helps you determine whether this article is worth your valuable time so that you do not spend your useful time reading an article that would not help you.
While still on this, I am a professional and as such I do charge for my services as a Software Engineer that I provide to Companies, Organizations, Institutions or an SME.
I am not a charity nor am I an automatic free code churning machine!
It is not once or twice or thrice that I have busted grown a55 men pretending to be students so that I can help them for free with their work. I smell that sh8 from a far and turn the tables very fast on them.
Because of this, I do not take up any work from students or anyone who thinks I should voluntarily come to their aid and offer them a free helping hand. I have an active spam filter that detects such like emails and automatically deletes them before I even get to see them.
Preparing to Create an Angular Biometric Integration DEMO Application
To get the Angular Biometric integration started I did the following to set up my environment.
- Checked that I had NodeJS installed otherwise I would have had to install it. To check version, I ran node –version on my command prompt (See screenshot below). I had previously worked on a NodeJS Biometric Integration so I knew I already had NodeJS installed on my computer.
- Thereafter, I needed to decide what to use for my IDE. I chose to work on the Visual Studio Code that I initially had installed in my Computer.
- Afterwards, I proceeded to install Angular CLI using npm install -g @angular/cli which would ultimately help me to create the Angular Biometric Integration Project Application and to generate other libraries and dependent code that would be required for my Angular App. See screenshot below.
- I then proceeded to create workspace and my initial Angular Biometric Integration with the command ng new angular-biometric-columbo-scanner-app . I gave it a name that included the Columbo Biometric Scanner that I am using so as to distinguish it from other Angular Biometric Integration projects that I will do in future with other Biometric Scanners. See screenshot below.
- To run my Angular Biometric Integration App, all I needed to do was to change directory to the App’s workspace and run E:\ angular-biometric-columbo-scanner-app\ng serve –open . See screenshot below.
- To generate Angular User Biometric Registration component while in E:\ angular-biometric-columbo-scanner-app\ I ran the command ng generate component register
- To generate Angular User Biometric Authentication component while in E:\ angular-biometric-columbo-scanner-app\ I ran the command ng generate component authenticate
- Thereafter, the other thing I was needed to do was to install Biometric Scanner drivers for Windows but there was no need for me to do so as I had however previously done so earlier when I got to use the Columbo Biometric Scanner for the first time on my Computer.
- For saving my captured and enrolled Biometric Fingerprints data in Database I went ahead and created a Database and a Table in Mariadb SQL Database Server that I already had running in my computer.
- Lastly, I made sure that my Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge were all updated to their latest versions at the time.
Screenshots of Preparations of Setting up my Developer Environment for Angular Biometric Integration
Having followed the above steps, I set out to code my Angular Biometric integration App on Visual Studio Code using my Columbo Biometric Scanner.
Requisite Requirements for Angular Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner
- Windows 10 or Windows 11 Operating System
- Mariadb Database (You can use any Database of your choosing for your Biometrics Database otherwise for me I chose to use Mariadb for this integration )
- NodeJSLTS (I usually prefer to install the Long Term Support version)
- Windows Drivers for Columbo Biometric Fingerprint Scanner
- Modern Web Browsers like e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera for Client Computer
Server Computer Hardware Requirements
- RAM 8GB and above
- Processor Core i5 and above
- Storage Space 500GB of Free Space and above though it could be what you consider to be enough to accommodate the large number of Biometric Finger images that you are going to Capture, Enroll and Save in your Database.
Client Computer Hardware Requirements
- RAM 8GB and above
- Processor Core i5 and above
- Visual Display Unit Resolution could be e.g. a 1920px by 1024px Screen Monitor dimensions and above
- Free and functional USB ports that you can use to connect and power your Columbo Biometric Finger Scanner
Biometric Finger Scanner Requirements
Challenges Experienced when implementing Angular Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner
- There was no significant challenge whatsoever that I could not solve by debugging my code until it worked the way I intended it to.
Overall Experience when implementing when implementing Angular Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner
- Working on my Angular Biometric integration App’s code was somehow much easier as I had gathered some experience of working with Components from previously doing a React Biometric integration.
- Well documented User guides for Columbo Biometric Finger Scanner from Integrated Biometrics the company that manufactures this Scanner helped with smooth implementation of the Angular Biometric Integration
- Well documented User manuals for Columbo Biometric Finger Scanner from Integrated Biometrics the company that manufactures this Scanner helped with smooth implementation of the Angular Biometric Integration
- Well documented User guides for Angular ( Angular study material from https://angular.io/guide) helped with smooth implementation of Angular Biometric Integration
- Thanks to the Good documentation of Angular Docsand the Great Biometric Scanner User Guides and Manuals from Integrated Biometrics I was able to successfully carry out Angular Biometric integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner and can now Help you do the same too
Other Biometric Fingerprint and Iris Recognition Integrations that I can Help you with
- React JS Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner
- Oracle Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner
- PHP Web Biometric Integration in Linux
- Android PHP Web Biometric Integration using a DigitalPersona 4500 Fingerprint Scanner
- PHP Web Biometric Integration using a Columbo Fingerprint Scanner
- PHP Web Biometric Smart Card Integration using Secugen Hamster Pro Duo PIV SC Scanner
- PHP Web Biometric Iris Recognition using a BK2121U Iris Scanner
- 10 Fingerprint Capture in PHP Web using a KOJAK Biometric Scanner
Screenshot of Back-end showing Registration Component of my Angular Biometric Integration DEMO App
Video DEMOS of Angular Biometric Integration
Do you Need Help with Angular Biometric integration?
I am a Software Engineer who Helps Companies, Institutions, Organizations, and SMEs like You to Develop, Integrate, Support and Maintain Identity Management (IAM) Software Solutions based on Biometrics that run on Windows, Linux, Web, Android, RaspberryPi and Cloud.
If you need a Helping Hand (professional consulting) with your Angular Biometric integration, I can Help you with that!
I provide Premium based Consulting! Please find more Details on How to contact me for Professional Consulting Services to Help you with your Angular Biometric integration at Joseph Mwema’s YouTube channel’s About section.
Thank you for checking out this article and for reading it and sharing it with your peers.
Kindly send me any Questions, Suggestions, Tips or Ideas that you would want to share with me to my e-mail address as shown below.